Animal Adoption Criteria
When you are looking to adopt an animal from our rehoming Centre please ensure that you meet all the required criteria before placing a reserve on an animal. Our team will ask you lots of question to ensure you are fully prepared for a new addition to your family.
Amongst other things we will require the following:
- All adopters must be aged 18 years or over.
- If you are living in rented accommodation we will need to see a copy of your tenancy agreement or permission letter before a reserve can be taken.
- Adopters may be subject to a home visit as evidence of a safe and suitable environment for the animal selected.
- Any other pets of the same species within the household must be neutered.
- Any other pets must be able to co-exist with the prospective species/breed to be adopted.
- All family members, including children within the household must meet the intended adoptee.
- We are happy to rehome dogs in a working household, providing provisions are put in place for their care.
Dogs from £100.00 (average cost is £180.00)
Cats from £95.00
Rabbits from £50.00
Birds and Small Animals vary.
The average cost of running our centre is £9,000 a week. Rehoming costs play a huge part in supporting our work. By adopting an animal, not only are you providing a vital second chance, but you're also supporting our ongoing work - helping us to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome the many animals we do each year - thank you.
All paperwork must be completed within 2 weeks to avoid the reserve being taken off.
When you place a reserve on an animal we will ask you to pay a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. This will be taken at the beginning of the adoption process at the Centre. We are unable to process reserves and deposits over the phone.
To enquire about and a new member of your family, please get in touch.